Ready to Retire
Meet Beth & Steve
They have accumulated a $2 million nest egg but aren’t sure how to make their money stretch the furthest to ensure they don’t run out of money.
- Shifting from Savings to Spending
- When is Optimal Time to Begin Social Security
- Evaluating residence options (home renovation, Continuing Care Retirement Community)
- Bucket Approach – We recommend more conservative investments for near-term spending needs and growth-oriented investments for the long term. We think this reduces the risk and stress of having to sell in a down market while allowing the portfolio to grow over time. The money you need today is not exposed to stock market volatility.
- Social Security – We use software with the latest Social Security data to inform recommendations on the optimal timing to begin receiving benefits.
- Retirement Living – Where to live to maximize your enjoyment in retirement is a significant decision. We can help by researching, running calculations and advising on various living arrangements.